January 3, 2020
2019. A year in the life.
So it’s quite clear to see that I’ve neglected my writing a bit in 2019. I’d like to say it’s because I’ve been busy but we all know that is just an excuse. The reason is because things on the fitness front have taken a bit of a nose dive.
It is only fair that I share the downward spiral as well as the upward and hopefully in writing it down I find some kind of motivation to do something about it.
So, I guess we will start from May. In May I moved back from Ireland and that is where the excuses began. Without the accountability of my housemates I began making excuses for my behaviour/lack of health and fitness.
“I am living with my parents” because that obviously means I am not responsible for me own food 🤦♀️
“I’m busy with work” obviously no time to gym or prep food.
“I’ve just moved house” yes that’s right… I change from living with my parents to living alone and still used it as an excuse.
“I’m changing jobs” I don’t quite understand how leaving a job can mean I don’t workout.
Looking back and just writing some of these “excuses” down shows me just how weak they are.
If I am truly honest with myself the reason for the nose dive in my fat loss journey is just because I didn’t want to!
So 2019, my supposed year of change backfired and in a spectacular way.
But guess what?! Although I’m sitting here writing this, in January 2020, 2 stone heavier than I started the year I can’t say I regret my actions.
This year I’ve hit different types of goals, I’ve achieved a lot and I am happy with my year.
So what have I achieved this year?
- I moved home from Ireland.
- I’ve made some lifelong friends through the James Smith academy (they know who they are)
- I’ve travelled
- I’ve changed my mindset about fitness
- I’ve learnt that it’s OK when things don’t go to plan
- I’ve learnt how to get out of my own head
- I’ve moved in to a place I can call my own.
- After 7 years I finally got the courage to step out of my comfort zone in my current job and find a chase a new challenge with a new company.
- I’ve learnt who’s important in my life and who’s not.
Most importantly though, I’m learning to love myself and the journey. The good and the bad.
Expect more of me in 2020, it’s not going to be “my year” but it’s the start of something new that will shape my future and I’m excited ❤️
P.s. I’m currently sitting in the airport waiting for a flight home, eating mini eggs and not giving a fuck ✌🏻